RTCSA delivers nationally accredited training on behalf of APS Training Group.
APS Training Group #31588 is the registered training organisation that issues certification upon successful completion of this accredited course.
RIIMPO317F – Conduct roller operations
This nationally accredited unit covers the skills and knowledge required to operate a roller to compact material. It is suitable for those working in site-based roles in the civil industries.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and industry sectors, and must be sourced from state jurisdictions prior to applying this unit.
This unit alone does not provide sufficient skill to independently load and unload equipment. To perform this activity safely, personnel must either complete, or be assisted by someone who has completed, RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant or equivalent.
APS TRAINING HANDBOOK
Assessment is based on theory questions as well as simulated practical scenarios and includes:
- Planning and preparing for roller operations including identifying hazards and environmental issues.
- Conducting pre-operational checks and start up procedures.
- Driving and operating roller using techniques suited to equipment capabilities, site and work conditions, and according to workplace procedures.
- Monitoring hazards and risks during operations.
- Relocating roller safely within and between work areas.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of machine from float/trailer in accordance with safe work practices.
- Parking, shutting down and securing of roller.
- Post operational inspection of equipment as per workplace procedures.
- Cleaning up after operations.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills that are required for this course include:
- Being able to identify and interpret information from workplace procedures, documentation, legislation and regulations.
- Using equipment operating capacity schedule to confirm safe weight load limits.
- Photographic identification must be provided on the day. ID must contain photo, signature, date of birth.
- Participants must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate. Further information about USIs can be found at: usi.gov.au
- PPE: Participants are required to wear personal protective equipment whilst attending this course, including hi-vis shirt or vest; long trousers; safety boots.
- Participants are to source own machine or cost of machinery hire is added to course fees.
This course will be delivered on behalf of APS Training Group by Regional Training Contractors of South Australia under a third-party agreement.
This unit contains theory and practical elements.
- Face-to-face on the job
- Option of self-paced theory assessment prior to practical assessment.
RTCSA delivers roller training and/or assessment at:
- Worksites throughout regional South Australia, Western Victoria, and South-Western New South Wales.
Course duration will vary as to participant skill, knowledge, experience, and machine availability.
Assessment only: ½ Day Course
For experienced operators only.
Experience is ascertained by way of a logbook prior to enrolment.
Assessment will take approximately 4 hours to complete.
Training and Assessment: For inexperienced operators. Course duration will vary as to participant skill, knowledge, experience, and machine availability. For participants with NO experience in this machine, please allow a full day for training and assessment.
RTCSA is an onsite training provider and prices will vary due to differing training locations, participant numbers, participant experience and availability of machines.
Quotes for training and/or assessment are provided at the time of enquiry.
Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIMPO317F – Conduct roller operations recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework, plus, a wallet-sized plastic card issued by APS Training Group RTO #31588.