Load & Unload Plant
RTCSA delivers nationally accredited training on behalf of APS Training Group.
APS Training Group #31588 is the registered training organisation that issues certification upon successful completion of this accredited course.
RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant
With the amendments to the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), coming into effect on 1 October 2018, the onus of responsibility now lies on every party within the heavy vehicle transport supply chain to ensure the safety of their transport activities.
This course will provide participants with the necessary skills and knowledge that are required to safely, and efficiently, load, secure, and unload plant in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
APS TRAINING HANDBOOK
Assessment is based on theory questions as well as simulated practical scenarios and includes:
- Planning and preparing to load or unload plant
- Hazard and risk identification
- Calculating weights, volumes, centre of gravity and restraint requirements
- Types and limitations of restraints
- Loading the plant in line with established requirements
- Unloading the plant in line with established requirements
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Language, literacy and numeracy skills that are
required for this course include:
- Being able to identify and interpret relevant information from workplace procedures, documentation, legislation and regulations.
- Identifying and comprehending relevant mathematical information in relation to equipment operating capacities.
- Photographic identification must be provided on the day. ID must contain photo, signature, date of birth.
- Participants must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate. To apply for a USI, or for further information, please visit:usi.gov.au
- PPE: Participants are required to wear personal protective equipment whilst attending this course, including hi-vis shirt or vest; long trousers; safety boots.
- Participants are to source own machine and transporter – ie float, trailer, or cost of machinery hire is added to course fees.
- Participants are required to hold a ticket for the machine in which they will be loading onto trailer or float.
This course will be delivered on behalf of APS Training Group by Regional Training Contractors of South Australia (RTCSA), under a third-party agreement.
This unit contains theory and practical elements.
- Face-to-face on the job
- Option of self-paced theory assessment prior to practical assessment.
RTCSA delivers load and unload plant training at worksites throughout regional South Australia, Western Victoria, and South-Western New South Wales.
The course duration will vary depending on participants’ skill, knowledge, experience, and whether participants have completed the pre-reading and theory component of the course prior to the practical workshop and assessment.
Please enquire at the time of booking.
Approximately 8 hours.
RTCSA is an onsite training provider and prices will vary due to differing training locations, participant numbers, and machine/s availability.
Quotes are provided at the time of enquiry.
Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment for RIIHAN308F – Load and unload plant, recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework, and a wallet-sized plastic card, issued by APS Training Group RTO #31588.