Gas Test Atmospheres
RTCSA delivers nationally accredited training on behalf of APS Training Group.
APS Training Group #31588 is the registered training organisation that issues certification upon successful completion of this accredited course.
MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres
This nationally accredited unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to test and monitor potentially hazardous atmospheres using electronic detection equipment.
It applies to circumstances where an individual may be required to undertake gas testing of an atmosphere prior to entering a specific area or workspace.
APS TRAINING HANDBOOK
MSMWHS217 – Gas Test Atmospheres
Assessment is based on theory questions as well as simulated practical scenarios and includes:
- Prepare for gas testing
- Test gas
- Maintain equipment
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and able to speak, read and write basic English.
- Photographic identification must be provided on the day. ID must contain photo, signature, and date of birth.
- Participants must have a unique student identifier (USI) to obtain their nationally accredited certificate. To apply for a USI, or for further information, please visit: usi.gov.au
- PPE: Participants are required to wear personal protective equipment whilst attending this course, including hi-vis shirt or vest; long trousers; safety boots.
This course will be delivered on behalf of APS Training Group by Regional Training Contractors of South Australia (RTCSA), under a third-party agreement.
This unit contains theory and practical elements.
- Face-to-face on the job
- Option of self-paced theory assessment prior to practical assessment.
RTCSA delivers gas test atmosphere training at worksites throughout regional South Australia, Western Victoria, and South-Western New South Wales.
Approximate 8-hour duration, dependent upon participant skill and knowledge, and whether participants have completed the pre-reading and theory component of the course prior to the practical workshop and assessment.
RTCSA is an onsite training provider and prices will vary due to differing training locations and participant numbers.
Quotes are provided at the time of enquiry.
Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment for MSMWHS217 – Gas test atmospheres, recognised under the Australian Qualifications Framework, and a wallet-sized plastic card, issued by APS Training Group RTO #31588.