(ABN: 22 386 191 729) and Site refers to the above website.
Who we are
Regional Training Contractors are a training provider based in South Australia who deliver both non-accredited training and assessment, and nationally accredited units of competency and/or courses as identified on training.gov.au. To provide nationally accredited units of competency and/or courses we rely on our partnership with the Registered Training Organisation – All States Training (RTO 32577). All States Training is located at 108 Dunmall Drive, Oakhurst QLD 4650. They can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning (07) 4123 0416.
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it. It is not compulsory for you to supply us with your personal information, however, without this information we may not be able to assist you with your requested training and/or services.
The information we collect varies as to the training or services that are being provided, but may include:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, gender;
- Contact details such as street and/or postal address, phone number, email address;
- Identification details – such as Unique Student Identification number;
- Proof of identity documentation – such as driver’s license number, photographic images of you;
- Education, training and employment details;
- Emergency contact details;
- Details of services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- Your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- Information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- Additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- Any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties. In such a case as the information was provided by a third party we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information received.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact and communicate with you;
- For delivering training and/or services including administering enrolments and related activities resulting in the issuing of qualifications;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- To enable you to access and use our website and associated social media platforms;
- For analytics, market research and business development;
- For advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to third party service providers including:
- Our partnering registered training organisation – All States Training (RTO – 32577) who are required by law to disclose this information to Government, state and regulatory bodies that assist in providing you with your training qualifications;
- Your employers where confirmation on training status is required, or where course results have been requested and your approval has been confirmed;
- Under age learner’s parents;
- Financial institutions upon payments and receipts;
- Third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation), IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for services we have provided to you;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- Third parties to collect and process data, such as [Google Analytics or other relevant businesses]. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Sensitive information we collect may include:
- Ethnic/racial origin – such as cultural background including country of birth, indigenous status, language spoken at home;
- Health status – for example: disability or medical conditions.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained, or a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose;
- With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Cookies and web beacons
We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
Regional Training Contractors (ABN 22 386 191 729)
Phone: 0417 725 339